Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sick, Sick, Sick

You know those days where you just want to curl up in bed with a million blankets, watch feel-good movies all day, and cuddle with your loved one? Those perfect cozy, winter days. Well, I didn't quite get that day but I longed for it. Being sick has a way of doing that to you. 

Our cat had the right idea.



Thanks to my seemingly wonderful husband, I got through the day with as much grace as humanly possible. Even though the misery of running noses, sneezes, and coughs were consuming me, my family always has a way of making the day a bit brighter. I am, however, ready for this day and the rest of winter to be over and done with and hoping for a better feeling tomorrow! 

Payton and Layne, on the other hand, had a great day. They got to spend a little time alone together while I took a much needed relaxing, hot shower. A luxury to any mom. She loves playtime with daddy. It is so sweet to see her turning into a little daddy's girl. And of course Layne is just smitten with her. I'm perfectly content with that because I got the bragging rights that she babbled 'mamamama' first and still wants me when she is tired, hungry, or not feeling good so... all the time. ha ha.  

We absolutely love watching her play, grow, and learn new things everyday. 
One of her favorite things right now is her Jumparoo. She is a wild woman in that genius-made toy.



And did I mention she is teething? The drool fest, knawing on anything she can get her hands on, and sleepless nights have been going on for months it seems like. I am just waiting for one of those mean little toofers to sneak through. 



She has just recently discovered that her toes make fun play toys and tasty treats. Yum. 




And yesterday she was showing off how she loves to sit like a big girl all day long. My love bug is getting so big so fast! We have less than a week before her 6 month birthday!  I will post an update on her milestones and stats on Sunday or Monday.


"Enjoy whatever phase your baby is in. Something incredible is always ahead, but you can never go back." 
- Elizabeth Hasselbeck



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog! Keep it up!! Your such a good mommy and your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete