Sunday, January 16, 2011

The funny side to parenting

As a mom sometimes you just have to laugh at certain situations...

  • The first sign of the "I'm pooping" face is a good time to pass the baby to someone else. This is my husband's motto. His 'I'm going to pass out and die' reaction when he gets a good wiff or look at Payton's poopy diaper is priceless. I have literally peed my pants from laughter, until I realize I'm the one that then has to change that 'I'm going to pass out and die' diaper. 
  • I have come to realize that yes, my baby will dress better than me for awhile. And yes, she has 5x the amount of clothes than I do. I'm not jealous. Really, I'm not. 
  • Clapping and cheering when my child burps. Not a problem now, but eventually I think I will want to break this habit!
  • My baby's desire to be naked is only an issue if it lasts into her teens. 
  • It doesn't matter if you don't get out much. As a mom you turn into a comedian, chef, and singer... and no matter how lame you are, your child still thinks you're the funniest, coolest person in the world. And they also provide YOU with hours of entertainment and exercise. I'd like to see your friends attempt this. 
  • The only baby food you should sample is the fruit. Seriously, only the fruit. This is why I will be attempting to make my own baby food. Veal and corn...no thank you. 
  • When you are trying to get your child to eat, you don't care how much gets on their face, hands, tray, or clothes as long as some ends up in their mouth...until you have to clean up at the end. 
  • And my favorite...when we are telling Payton how much we love and cherish her and she let's out a big TOOT showing us her gratitude. 

2 comments:

  1. you're too cute, I'm so following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know the name of the book that "The only baby food you should sample is the fruit. Seriously, only the fruit" is quoted from? I am looking for this book and only this one phrase from it.

    ReplyDelete