Saturday, May 14, 2011

A recap of my sick day.

After a week long hiatus from the blogging world...and the internet in general {most of the time}, I am finally deciding it is time to update. I got sick earlier in the week and that drove me into a lack of motivation to do anything online. I spent my down time relaxing, napping, getting ready, or doing chores instead of browsing the web or blogging. I kind of like it that way.

To start at the beginning -

I had a urinary tract infection a couple weeks back that I was waiting out. They have gone away on their own before but this turned for the worse. Friday morning I woke up to a horrid pain in my side and back. I was tired and just not feeling it that day. When I put Payton down for her morning nap, I resided to the couch for a nice long nap. When I woke up I just didn't feel right. I took my temperature and it was a low-grade fever of 100 degrees. I had no energy. I wanted to cry because of how little energy I had but I had my 9 month old baby to chase around all day. Layne had work but he surprised me when he came home early to take care of me and the baby. Best. surprise. ever. He got me sushi and he took Payton with him so I could lay on the couch and relax. It was weird having a whole night of no parenting responsibilities. Of course I kept insisting, because that is what we do as mothers. We don't get sick days. But this is what I needed. I ended up having to put Payton to bed because she just doesn't go to sleep when dad tries. Afterwards, I passed out. Literally right on the couch at 8:30 pm. I probably looked dead to the world.

The next day I got to sleep in because Layne took care of P in the morning. I thought I was feeling better, but I still had a little fever. After Layne went to work and I woke up from another nap, I was feeling worse than ever. I was so dizzy, could barely move, and having chills. My fever reached a 103.5 and everyone was telling me to go the doctor despite my many protests. Don't they know I'm stubborn? I went to the E.R. and lo and behold...I had a kidney infection. I always hate going to the E.R. The endless wait, sick people, and outrageous costs. Apparently it was a good thing I went though because if a kidney infection is not taken care of it can lead to serious illness. In most cases you actually have to be hospitalized for a couple days, but I caught it early. Go me, right?

The Tylenol and Motrin they gave me brought my fever down and I was already starting to feel more like myself. I am so thankful I have such a wonderful and sweet family to take care of me. The worst part of being sick was not being able to give Payton my all. I have been making up for it this week though now that I feel back to my fabulous self.


  1. Well, keep taking it easy and I hope you fully recover soon! Sending you positive vibes :-)

  2. Oye, so sorry to hear about the kidney infection. That is a doozy!! So glad you have the help you do and hope you feel back to your old self soon!

  3. Hey there! I gave you an award!