Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cookie Monster

I am a sucker for all baked goods. One of my favorites to make are homemade chocolate chip cookies. I die for the chewy goodness, right out of the oven first bite, and fresh baked smell. Let's face it, dessert would be so dull without these delectable goodies.



So I thought I would share my top-secret cookie recipe...you should feel so honored. ha ha! Really though, I have yet to make cookies better than these babies. I don't even remember how I got the recipe or where, but I think I changed it up a bit and wrote it on this old sheet of paper. So there you have it. My kids are going to love me when they are older. hee hee!

Recipe:

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/4 pound of butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 egg
As many chocolate chips as you like (You can also substitute with something else)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium mixing bowl beat softened butter and sugars on low speed until smooth.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

Add the egg and vanilla into the butter/sugar mixture and beat. Slowly add the flour a little at the time and keep beating until it is all mixed together.

Add Choc. chips!

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.

Enjoy! 

For the love of cookies...Jackie.

No comments:

Post a Comment