Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's never too late

Exciting news! Layne and I are both going back to school to finish our degrees. I'm going to be starting the Academy of Arts University in San Francisco, Fall 2011. I'm majoring in Fashion Merchandising and I'll be doing the classes online so I don't have to commute over there. I am so excited to finally start toward a career path that I'm passionate and excited about. I actually have enough credits to classify me as a junior in college but only a few of my core classes will transfer over.

Their Fashion program is one of the most prestigious majors at the Academy; partly because they are the only school invited to NYC Fashion Week to have their students present their upcoming clothing line collections. The first two classes I have to take are Intro to Fashion Business and Fashion Illustration. Although my focus is in Fashion Merchandising, they expose you to all areas of fashion so your portfolio is much more versatile and appealing. The next steps for me are just registering and filling out financial aid forms.

In the next few months our lives our going to become much more hectic. It makes me sad to think I won't see my husband and daughter as much, but I am welcoming the changes for our future. It will just make us treasure the time we spend with each other even more. I don't like the thought of putting Payton in daycare, but at least she will be over a year old. Hopefully we can find a way to only put her in 3 days a week. I will just need time to do school since classes are very intense, and I may be working part-time also.

It goes to show it's never too late to do anything you want to do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment