Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sleep? What's that?

I knew once I had my baby that sleep would be a thing in the past. Boy was I right! Not only is it a thing in the past, it is nearly almost non-existent...well, it feels that way anyways.

Payton's sleep habits have been changing constantly since the day she was born. I will not advocate one sleep method over another because every baby is different and everyone has their own parenting styles. I have tried every NON Cry-it-Out method and letting her cry for 3-5 minutes at a time and then going in to soothe her/pick her up/put paci in in between the intervals of crying. This worked best for us, sort of a modified Ferber method at almost 5 months.

...And I am proud to say I am STILL a zombie mommy. Sleeping through the night for me is getting 4-5 straight hours of sleep. Aren't you jealous? This is a treat compared to when she was waking every 45 minutes at 4 and 1/2 months old because she needed me to put her back to sleep every time. Right now we are going through a rough patch of extreme overtiredness, teething, and always wanting mommy so, in other words, we are back to waking every few hours and then wanting to party at 3 a.m. She thinks it is both fun and funny to keep us up with her and see us dragging our lifeless bodies around for 2 straight hours in the middle of the night. Not as much to my amusement! I can't help but laugh sometimes though. You have to find the humor in parenting or you won't come out alive.


Oh the joys of motherhood! There is always the ying to the yang, the good with the bad. As soon as I snuggle her and see that sweet little face, all my tired crankiness goes away and I can't help but smile. I would do anything for this little girl...including getting up all hours of the night to make her happy. It's a good thing she is so darn cute and we love her so much.

1 comment:

  1. Blake has been going through a rough patch too! I've been getting 3 hours ina row on a GOOD night... BOO!!

    ReplyDelete